I’ve seen Erasure a couple of times in concert. The last time was the Other People’s Songs tour. While I enjoyed the album I wasn’t so sure about the concert: they seemed to be going through the motions a little more than previous times. So, it was with some interest that I got by tickets to The Nightbird Tour at Hammersmith Odeon (erasuregig.com).
From the moment Andy Bell appears on stage with angel wings you know they are back on form. The Nightbird material fits very well into the overall set; the feeling of a ‘show’ is back and the audience was – most definitely – behind Vince and Andy. The first number ‘No Doubt’ leads into ‘Hideaway’ which I don’t recall seeing performed for a very long time and is one of my favourites. But we also got ‘A Little Respect’, ‘Who Needs Love Like That’ and ‘Blue Savannah’ plus a Vince performing ‘Rapture’.
The concerts are recorded so that you can get a copy of the show you went to see. I shall be having one of those for I had a superb time.
On this day…
- 2005: They Have The Cool Jobs — Many years ago I spent a small amount of time working for BBC local radio. We had minor celebrities pass [...]
- 2004: Formula 1 2004 Race Calendar For Outlook Import — Michael Schumacher, driving his Ferrari, won the 2003 Formula One championship on the final race. This weekend it all starts [...]
- 2004: Real Player For Palm Devices — Do you know how hard it is to find the link to the Real Player for Palm devices? It’s not [...]
- 2003: They’re All Abroad — After watching the programme about people moving out of the UK for a quieter life I got a little depressed [...]
- 2003: Thoughts on Blogspace — Yesterday’s post has started a whole train of thoughts about the concept of blog integrity and why should we care? [...]