Many years ago I spent a small amount of time working for BBC local radio. We had minor celebrities pass through the studios but they never phased me. When I first came to London I worked for a company that had studio facilities. A few bigger celebrities came through in the years I worked there and, again, I was not too bothered. Tom, however, got to see Rufus Wainwright play at 6 Music and that makes me very jealous. Everybody loves his new album (which is out here on Monday) and you can find him all over the press this weekend including, and I find it odd, The Times’ Health and Fitness section. Right now, however, I am listening to They Might Be Giants from 1990. Unconnected, I know but brilliant nonetheless.
On this day…
- 2005: Erasure: The Nightbird Tour — I’ve seen Erasure a couple of times in concert. The last time was the Other People’s Songs tour. While I [...]
- 2004: Formula 1 2004 Race Calendar For Outlook Import — Michael Schumacher, driving his Ferrari, won the 2003 Formula One championship on the final race. This weekend it all starts [...]
- 2004: Real Player For Palm Devices — Do you know how hard it is to find the link to the Real Player for Palm devices? It’s not [...]
- 2003: They’re All Abroad — After watching the programme about people moving out of the UK for a quieter life I got a little depressed [...]
- 2003: Thoughts on Blogspace — Yesterday’s post has started a whole train of thoughts about the concept of blog integrity and why should we care? [...]