I don’t think it’s such a bad idea to mark the passing of time. I am, ultimately, sentimental. So, although I am not going to write a greater 2004 in review than I already have done, there is one thing that has fascinated me this year: my pcitures.
In January 2004 I acquired Treo 600 mobile ‘phone. This was the second ‘phone I had with a camera on it and it certainly isn’t the best mobile phone camera on the market. However, I took a few photographs and then, towards the end of the year, I realised that I had a photographic record of much of the year and it had been created unintentionally. It was quite a shock to look at them and put the year into context. Sure, many of them were taken with friends after a few drinks but I don’t think that matters too much. It certainly sums up a lot of the year!
A couple of days ago, I sat down to review the pictures. There were 265 of them. Some are blurred and useless, some pointless and some I really don’t want to show anybody else. However, I thought it might be an interesting idea to get the pictures down to a collection of 100 that sum up the year and I can keep as my Moblog memories for 2004. It’s a filtered collection limited by the technology (the pictures are very low res) and by the photographer (I am not keen on holding my phone and pointing it at people) but I think it does represent 2004 quite well.
Without captions they might not mean a great deal to anybody else but here is my 2004 In Pictures. Click on the image for the larger version.
On this day…
- 2006: Brokeback Mountain — When other people write things better than you do should you not write about them? Should you give up altogether [...]
- 2006: Gotta Go Back In Time — I’ve said before how much I love the ‘on this day’ links on my site. They remind me of things [...]
- 2004: Hello Dermot and Mark Fans — There is another silly reality TV show on Channel 4 at the moment – Shattered. I am not following it [...]
- 2004: Oops, She Did It — So, Britney got married, her people denied she’s had a little too much to drink (sorry, she wasn’t ‘inebriated’) and [...]
- 2003: Jeremy Vine — At the end of last year, I wrote a few words about the departure of Jimmy Young from BBC Radio [...]
- 2003: Poison Find — Top story, as journalists are heard to say, is the discovery of the poison ricin in a flat in London. [...]
- 2003: A Blog? — There are several interesting descriptions of weblogs around, but by far the most accessible and best introduction to the concept [...]