iTunes Music Store is Time’s coolest invention of 2003 and I think this is a good thing – although I am finding it difficult to explain why. I’ve noted before that I really wanted record companies to embrace online music delivery and Steve Jobs and Apple have given them a way with mainstream credibility. Interestingly, I noted, that Jobs claimed not to be making too much from the service and it’s really all about selling iPods. I’m certainly wishing that there was a serious rival to the iPod. I’ve had several digital music players and none of them are still in production and, thus, support, upgrades and developments are limited. It’s also kept Apple well and truly in the consumer computing/electronics arena and that can not be a bad thing.
While on the subject of music, I have to note here that – at least on first listen – The Beautiful South’s new albumn, Gaze, is very good indeed.
On this day…
- 2005: Boxes Everywhere — The eagle-eyed Flickr watcher might have noticed from the last Sunday’s pictures Unilever commission for the Turbine Hall at the [...]
- 2005: Civil Partnership: What's It All About? — Countdown to civil partnership: The Civil Partnership Act 2004 received Royal Assent on 18 November 2004. The Government announced on [...]
- 2005: Civil Partnership: What’s It All About? — Countdown to civil partnership: The Civil Partnership Act 2004 received Royal Assent on 18 November 2004. The Government announced on [...]
- 2004: links for 2004-11-25 —
WackyLabs.Net – Flickr Screensaver v2
a flickr screensaver – how cool
(categories: flickr photos)
- 2004: Celebrity T-Shirt Auction — You know how it is: there’s never enough time in the world. This year I haven’t had chance to put [...]
- 2002: Stuck On Me — During one of my semi-regular trawls of the New Scientist website, I discovered (at last) why superglue does not stick [...]