Sometimes, I live in a world of hope and today is no exception. BBC News reports that sales of mobile ‘phone ringtones are set to overtake sales of CD singles. Ringtones are worth an astonishing £70million, if the article is to be believed, and are highly profitable for the record industry. I wonder if they will now start to realise that there is money in the digital delivery of music and it’s about time that they embraced it fully? I do hope so. Sadly, I can’t contribute their new revenue source as I find those high-pitched beeps trying to sound like a song all too irritating. I accept that’s an age thing. I wonder when – for I’m sure it will happen – we’ll see the first ringtone only hit?
On this day…
- 2007: Presentation Porn — Ever read 43 Folders? Right up there on the front page it says “43 Folders is Merlin Manns site about [...]
- 2005: Memories Of The Walkman — When I was younger my Sony Walkman was one of my favourite things. Today, you would probably think of it [...]
- 2004: Digital Download Chart — A year ago I wrote about ringtones and the large amounts of money to be made from them (as well [...]
- 2003: Silly Pop Stars — Lee Ryan
Who’s a silly boy then? With all that fame and money you think Blue’s Lee Ryan would be more [...]
- 2002: When Love Comes To Town — My latest book review!!
When Love Comes To TownTom Lennon
There are many fictional coming-out tales to choose from, so why this [...]