If the act of firing people by text message was in an episode of The Office I would be laughing. But it’s the real world and seems like one of the most appalling ways to treat people that I have heard of (mind you, remember this?) Does nobody have any respect for people anymore? Does nobody want to treat employees like human beings? Or is it all exaggerated as an “and finally” story?
Latest Link: C4 News – Fired by text message
Up to 2,500 workers at personal injury claims firm The Accident Group have been made redundant – many of them learning of their fate by text message.
On this day…
- 2004: Troy — So why did I go and see this film? Perhaps it was for the epic nature of the story or [...]
- 2004: Polo Shirts: A Fashion Idea For 2004 — If you don’t try and keep up with boifromtroy you end up with so much to read you keep putting [...]
- 2003: Open Secret — The preface to the paperback edition of Open Secret talks of the challenges the security forces face combatting global terrorism. [...]
- 2003: Crossroads ‘was all a dream’ — BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Crossroads ‘was all a dream’
I’ve posted quite a lot today. But [...]
- 2003: Pop Life — overyourhead – some irreverent musings by a gay Londoner
07:15pm Briefly consider the idea of eating.
07:30pm Meet rest of gang at [...]
- 2003: No Consensus In Support Of Same-Sex Unions — I wonder where this leaves those who thought the Anglican church was moving towards a more liberal attitude to gay [...]
- 2003: Dr Kildare is a Sissy — Apparently, Richard Chamberlain (Dr Kildare to those a little older than me and that bloke from the Thorn Birds to [...]