I wonder where this leaves those who thought the Anglican church was moving towards a more liberal attitude to gay and lesbian couples? The new Archbishop seemed perfectly reasonable in a television interview before he was ordained. I do hope this is taken out of context and that his condemnation is for the Canadians defying the rules of the church to which they belong rather than the act itself.
Latest Link: Archbishop condemns same-sex rites
The Archbishop of Canterbury, leader of the world’s 70 million Anglicans, says he is dismayed that a bishop in Canada has decided to authorise blessing ceremonies for homosexual couples.
On this day…
- 2004: Troy — So why did I go and see this film? Perhaps it was for the epic nature of the story or [...]
- 2004: Polo Shirts: A Fashion Idea For 2004 — If you don’t try and keep up with boifromtroy you end up with so much to read you keep putting [...]
- 2003: Open Secret — The preface to the paperback edition of Open Secret talks of the challenges the security forces face combatting global terrorism. [...]
- 2003: Crossroads ‘was all a dream’ — BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Crossroads ‘was all a dream’
I’ve posted quite a lot today. But [...]
- 2003: Pop Life — overyourhead – some irreverent musings by a gay Londoner
07:15pm Briefly consider the idea of eating.
07:30pm Meet rest of gang at [...]
- 2003: Unfortunately There Are Effectively No Funds Available To Pay The Salaries — If the act of firing people by text message was in an episode of The Office I would be laughing. [...]
- 2003: Dr Kildare is a Sissy — Apparently, Richard Chamberlain (Dr Kildare to those a little older than me and that bloke from the Thorn Birds to [...]