Apparently, Richard Chamberlain (Dr Kildare to those a little older than me and that bloke from the Thorn Birds to me) who was (apparently) a heart throb has decided to come out. Which of the following statements from the Ananova article to we think is most telling?
- His coming out coincides with the release of his autobiography, Shattered Love.
- I’m not a romantic leading man any more so I don’t need to nurture that public image.
I don’t know him nor to I know the situation he was in but I think it’s sad that his coming-out (and his staying-in) were, it appears, money driven. I respect anybody’s right to privacy in their lives but being gay isn’t a publicity stunt.
On this day…
- 2004: Troy — So why did I go and see this film? Perhaps it was for the epic nature of the story or [...]
- 2004: Polo Shirts: A Fashion Idea For 2004 — If you don’t try and keep up with boifromtroy you end up with so much to read you keep putting [...]
- 2003: Open Secret — The preface to the paperback edition of Open Secret talks of the challenges the security forces face combatting global terrorism. [...]
- 2003: Crossroads ‘was all a dream’ — BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Crossroads ‘was all a dream’
I’ve posted quite a lot today. But [...]
- 2003: Pop Life — overyourhead – some irreverent musings by a gay Londoner
07:15pm Briefly consider the idea of eating.
07:30pm Meet rest of gang at [...]
- 2003: Unfortunately There Are Effectively No Funds Available To Pay The Salaries — If the act of firing people by text message was in an episode of The Office I would be laughing. [...]
- 2003: No Consensus In Support Of Same-Sex Unions — I wonder where this leaves those who thought the Anglican church was moving towards a more liberal attitude to gay [...]